Security keys are an important part of working remotely, which many have found themselves forced to do in 2020. If you’re looking for a security key solution, then check out YubiKey.
These budget friendly keys are USB compatible and will secure popular online services like Google Accounts, Microsoft accounts, Dashlane, Keeper, Github, Dropbox, Facebook, and Twitter.
- All-in-one configurable security key. With a simple touch, the multi-protocol YubiKey 5C NFC protects access to computers, networks, and online services. It works across any device that has USB-C ports or wireless near-field communication (NFC). NFC is a fancy terms for authenticating a device without actually having to plug it in.
- Easier and safer than authenticator apps. No more reaching for your smartphone, or re-typing passcodes. Just plug in your YubiKey, tap, and it does the rest for you.
- Works with hundreds of services.The YubiKey works with Windows and Mac login, Gmail, Dropbox, Facebook, Salesforce, Duo, and many more services.
It’s like a physical key to your digital world — without it, a hacker can’t log in to your accounts even if they have your username and password.
There’s two types: one that you can put on your keychain, and a stationary one that stays in your computer. The keychain version can be shared with multiple devices, whereas the stationary version stays in one device and is less likely to get lost.
YubiKey 5 Series
The YubiKey 5 Series eliminates account takeovers by providing strong phishing defense using multi-protocol capabilities that can secure legacy and modern systems. The series provides a range of authentication choices including strong two-factor, multi-factor and passwordless authentication, and seamless touch-to-sign.
- Stops account takeovers
- Multi-protocol support; FIDO2/WebAuthn, U2F, Smart card, OpenPGP, OTP
- USB-A, USB-C, NFC, Lightning
- IP68 rated: dust tight and water submersible
- Single key pricing starts at $45
- Now available YubiKey 5C NFC with USB-C and NFC all-in-one to secure online accounts on mobile and desktops
How to set up a YubiKey
To get started with your YubiKey, visit yubico.com/setup and following these two steps:
- Please select the device you received from the list provided (YubiKey 5C NFC or YubiKey 5C Nano)
- Next, you’ll be presented with all of the different services you can protect with your YubiKey 5C NFC. Click on those that interest you. Each service will have its own set of set up instructions.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! YubiKey is the industry’s number one security key, enabling strong two-factor, multi-factor and passwordless authentication. Be safe without having to remember all those passwords!
WIN IT! We’re giving away one YubiKey 5 Series keys of winner’s choice.
ENTER to WIN!